What do you need to master in GRE Math section?
The basic misconception about GRE math section is that GRE maker wants you to calculate and solve the sum step by step. If it sounds pretty enticing and convincing to you, then you are in an unending trap.
You may get some easy questions done with your magical approach. But you must be jolting in medium difficulty questions. By this time, the tick of clock is no more favoring your brave but unsmart approach.
Finally, you are dumped without answering last five questions. I still feel the memento of that stupidity. I cannot help breathing a sigh.
Let’s flip the coin and think for a moment!!! Rudimentarily, Mathematics is a language. It has thoughts that are expressed through signs.
Are you crazy? I never thought it in this way.
Your reaction is not quite a new. I did have the same before I was told by my mentor. I think most of us have got the same.
Let’s dissect the issue. We all speak in our mother tongue. If we just ramble willy-nilly, it does not make sense. Every language possesses specific letters like computer code. Mathematics must have some codes. We gotta explore them. By the way, mathematics is not about calculation, it’s about logic.
Once we fathom the thread of logic in mathematics, we can beat and tame it like our mother tongue. We were taught mathematics in clumsy and fearful way. We are now brave enough to dismantle any disorder of this language. WOW!!!
Just follow these 5 steps to crack GRE Math-
- Create a mindset to understand and realize the language of mathematics. Try to grasp test makers mindset.
- Think every math question as a dual dialogue between you and math.
- The less you need to calculate, the better is your understanding. If you think that you gotta do lots of calculation, you are far away from GRE math touchstone.
- Each question must have a trap. If you can’t unveil it, you are doomed.
- Practice makes you perfect. WRONG!!! Perfect practice makes you perfect.
Let’s face the music………
If you like this post, subscribe for free to receive newsletter. When you subscribe, you will instantly get a GRE vocabulary book pdf.